Too much...




The past week has been just too much. Really busy, lots going on here. Some of it good, some not so much. In less than a week I have found out that two friends have passed away.


One was a friend, T, from high school. He was the nicest guy, every one's friend. I never remember him being anything but kind to anyone and he was always fun to be around. A bunch of us had recently reconnected on facebook. He married his high school sweetheart and they were still married, with 2 daughters and a grand daughter. I am not sure how he died although I know he had been in the hospital for a few days and died there. His service was this past Thursday and I am sad to have missed it but it was on the east coast and it just wasn't possible to attend. A group of friends did go and enjoyed catching up with each other but wished that T could have been with them. I found a certain amount of irony in the fact that he died on Valentine's Day, this man who married his high school sweetheart - a love story for the ages.


The other friend, J, was the ex-husband of a very good and old friend, D. D and I have known each other for almost 40 years (can that be possible??) J was another one of those guys, just all around nice. They had been divorced for a few years and unfortunately D was estranged from her parents due to things she had done (the kind of stuff you can't make up) in the family business. They have 3 kids, 2 lived with D, 1 with J. It saddens me that his last years were spent in turmoil (although at 50 who would have thought they would be his last years). J had a heart attack.


I am still trying to process all of this. I cannot fathom losing my husband. I cannot imagine having to pick up the pieces and put on a 'face' for my daughter all while mourning the loss of my partner. Due to the young ages of these men it just hits too close to home. I know as we get older these things will happen more often than they should. I have been truly blessed and fortunate to have had to deal with death so infrequently up until the past few years.


As I try to understand all of this I do know that I will be more appreciative to those around me, be kinder in word, thought and deed and make sure that everyone knows I care. An extra kiss and hug to those I love won't hurt either.


The bitterest tears shed over graves are for the words left unsaid

and deeds left undone.

~Harriet Beecher Stowe


Comments

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your two high school friends...I'm 51 and yes we are too young to die at this age. Thanks for coming by and be sure to come by for the GIVEAWAY!

Blessings,
Linda

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas