'You've worked so hard'...

Tomorrow LM has her first reconciliation (confession) at church. We are to arrive at 7:45 to sign in then go to mass at 8:30. After mass there is a 'family retreat' until about 1, then confessions begin at 1:30. LM is having a fit about it. So is my husband for that matter.

I said to her this morning, 'you have worked so hard to get to this point' (in her CCD classes). And she says ' I've worked so hard just to get up and go to church at 7 in the morning on a Saturday!'

My husband is whining about having to go to church for 5 hours. I have tried to explain to him that mass is only an hour & the rest of the time will be spent at the retreat and might possibly be interesting. 'I didn't have to do this when I had my first reconciliation.'

Oh boy. And I thought I only had one child.

Don't think I haven't considered hopping in the car this afternoon, heading to Vegas and letting LM and her dad figure it out.

Wonder what they would do...

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
I am very unfamiliar with all of this (I'm a Baptist). But I know trying to get family to church on Sundays is like pulling teeth...sooooo I feel for ya! All you can do is encourage an be an example and lots of prayer but after the age of accountability they are responsible for their own actions. I hope all goes well.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas