Today I worked at my husband's office since his secretary is on vacation. Lots of help I was - here's my day -
- Drop kids at school
- Stop at Starbucks (priorities!)
- Stop at Staples and get some office supplies for hubby's office
- Arrive at office about 9:25
- Leave at 10:55 for daughter's 'no tardy picnic' (kids eat out on the grass if they have no tardies for the previous 9 weeks & parents join them)
- Find out I need to be back at school at 12:45 for the honor roll assembly
- Run home to get camera (5 minute drive, felt longer)
- Back at school at 12:45
- Meet husband for lunch at 1:20
- Go back to office and work until 3
- Run to bank to make deposit
- Pick up Little Miss from nice car pool friend's house
So, in my husband's words, I worked for '6 minutes' today. :) I am not sure how much help I was but the day flew by. I work again on Monday but it's my stamp club day so I'll be gone for about an hour and a half. This is why I am so very thankful for my flexible work at home job. I am so very very blessed to be able to do all these fun things at this time in my life and still work a bit and be with Little Miss when I need to.
This weekend we are going to be busy finishing up some lingering house projects in preparation for my husband's 40th b-day party next Saturday. I am going to try to shop for the non-perishable food items on Sunday after church. Next Friday morning I'll try to get all the perishables. Let's hope I can find lots of what I need on sale. I am all for frugal fun. It looks like we will have about 20-25 people here. We decided on an 'adults only' get together and I think most folks are happy to get a sitter and have a fun adult's night. I have one friend who 'can't find' a sitter & I feel bad but I found out that she will only have 3 people look after her kids (ages 5 1/2 and almost 3) & has been offered the use of others' sitters (ours included) and declined. I understand that she only wants certain people to care for her kids but I feel bad that they won't be at the party as they are very good friends. I considered telling her to bring them along but I don't think that's fair to the others that are looking forward to being away from their kids. So, I will continue to feel bad but hope that something changes & they can make it.
I am off to cook some dinner (a little late but we had a late lunch and Little Miss had a snack at my friend's).