Happy Homemaker Monday...



On my bedside table: 'The G-free Diet' by Elisabeth Hasselbeck
On my TV: ESPN (my husband is home today!)
On the menu for tonight: Off the grill: steak, salmon, corn on the cob
On my to do list: laundry, swimming w/ Little Miss
New recipe I tried last week: Nothing new but I did make homemade pancakes (no mix!), banana bread and cake. See, I do cook!
In the craft basket: nothing
Looking forward to: the first full week of summer vacation - no schedules! :)
Homemaking tip of the week: You can cook your corn on the cob in the microwave. Keep them in the husks and cook one piece for 5 minutes. Add more minutes for more ears. Last night I did 3 for about 10 minutes. Take the husks and silks off right before serving - use a potholder to keep from burning your hands. An added benefit: you save lots of water by not boiling them!
Favorite Blog post of the week (mine or another): This one is great for all us moms out there!
Lesson learned the last few days: Sometimes it IS 'just me'. People might be aggravating and a pain in the neck & complain a lot but they have no clue they act that way. It just seems to bother me & I need to get over it.
On my prayer list: The men and women who have served & are currently serving our country so that we may have our freedom.
Devotional, Scripture reading, key verse:
John 14:27 - Jesus said, Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Join Sandra at Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

Comments

Sandra said…
I enjoyed reading your post :)
Sarah said…
I did homemade pancakes this week too and they were a big hit. I am finding that many things are just as easy to do from scratch as store bought...who knew????

I've been working on getting away from anything processed, so it is an adventure!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas