Happy Homemaker Monday...

On my bedside table: The G-free Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck

On my TV: Nothing now.

On the menu for tonight: We have an end of the year hockey cookout - burgers and hot dogs. Our team is bringing side dishes, I am bringing a fruit salad as our contribution.

On my to do list: laundry, organize closets

New Recipe I tried last week: Nothing (surprise!)

In the craft basket: nothing now.

Looking forward to: hockey cookout, Thursday's movie day (Madagascar 2 - I am dying to see it!)

Homemaking tip for this week: Try to use your dryer less in the summer (I know this is not really a 'tip' but it's something I try to remember to do since it's warmer outside). Set up a clothes line if you can or use a rolling rack to hang what you can.

Favorite Blog post of the week (mine or other): This one of Sandra's. It was a fun reminder of days gone by and also kind of sad to think our kids won't have the same type of summer memories that we did. But I like to think they will have their own, different yet still memorable. I don't think my summers were that different from my mom's but I think my daughter's will be a lot different than mine.

Favorite photo of the week:

We have a blow up mattress that Little Miss likes to sleep on in her play room. I put it up every now and then (when it's not a school night) so she can sleep on it - which I hope explains the mis-matched sheets! The smile conveys her happiness about sleeping there.

Lesson learned the last few days: Debra can say 'no'. Little Miss got an invitation on Sunday to swim at a friend's house and I said 'no' since it was later when the mom called (1:30-I am not the best 'spur of the moment' type of girl -I like plans) &, more importantly, Little Miss stayed up late Saturday night at our friends' house swimming and playing with the kids. She had her first tennis lesson this morning starting at 7 am so I didn't want her to be worn out.

On my prayer list: Dean Martin, the Arizona state treasurer, who lost his wife and infant son within days of each other. His wife died in child birth and the baby a few days later.

Devotional, Scripture reading, key verse:
~James 1:12 - Blessed is the man who keeps on going when times are hard.

Join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.

Comments

Pamela said…
Little Miss is adorable! I remember my daughter dragging her toddler bed mattress into the hallway at naptime - she wanted to nap but she wanted to be able to see me in the living room as she was falling asleep!

I enjoyed reading your Happy Homemaker post - have a wonderful week.
Anonymous said…
Love this! I might have to try it on my blog. Little Miss is veeerry cute!
Anonymous said…
I love that kids the greatest pleasure out of the simplest things! Reminds me of camping out in the backyard, the highlight of the summer.
So tragic about Dean and his family. I had not heard about this, but will pray for strength and comfort for that family.
I loved the verse you shared and that is a sweet girl, what a smile!

Have A Terrific Tuesday
from The Raggedy Girl
Donna said…
Your daughter is too cute. :)
anymommy said…
This is lovely - and I thought both Madagascar movies were hilarious!
Sandra said…
She is so cute, my kids love the blow up mattresses too :)
Sarah said…
Wow, that would be SO hard to lose your wife and newborn. I pray he knows the Lord and can seek him for comfort. I will pray for him as well.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas