Happy Homemaker Monday...


The weather in my neck of the woods: Partly sunny, 97 degrees.

On of my simple pleasures: An early morning cup of coffee outside in the solitude before everyone else gets up.


On my bedside table: 'In Praise of Stay-at-home Moms' by Dr Laura Schlessinger, the new issue of 'O'.


On my TV: Nothing


On my To Do list: Laundry (sheets, towels), Library, some work.


New Recipe I tried last week: Cheese Roasted Potatoes from the Summer Book by Susan Branch.


In the craft basket: Father's Day cards


Looking forward to: The movie "The Proposal" w/ Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds. We usually do not go see adult movies at the theatre but my husband loves Sandra Bullock and thinks we need to see this. :) Father's Day.


Homemaking tip of the week: Make your bed everyday. It's quick and easy to do as soon as you get dressed (on the weekends it's a bit later for me as my husband sleeps in). If I do NOTHING else I try to make my bed. Get your kids in the habit of doing that, too (we're still working on the with Little Miss.)


Favorite Blog post of the week (mine or other): This one by One Fabulous Mom. A wonderful post about the special people in our lives.


Favorite Photo of the week:
The hoisting of this trophy means the NHL season has (finally) ended and I can have my husband back. :)

Lesson learned the last few days: Things aren't always as they seem.

On my prayer list: The volunteers at my daughter's Vacation Bible School

Devotional, Scripture reading, key verse:

~You never know what is enough
unless you know what is more than enough.
William Blake
Join Sandra @ Diary of a SAHM for more Happy Homemaker Monday.

Comments

Wendi said…
Loved what you had to say about the NHL season ending. Thanks for the chuckle!
Unknown said…
Great list! And I rarely see grown-up movies in the theatre either, but The Proposal was well worth it!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas