foyer: an entrance hall or vestibule in a private house
I'm going out on a limb and saying that most of us don't have foyers like this:
Make your foyer inviting by:
- Clearing the area of 'stuff'. Put the shoes away. We have cubbies with baskets by the door for shoes. It helps a bit but I am usually putting shoes away sometime during the day.
- A small rug at the door helps keep from tracking dirt in to the house.
- A small table (keep the size of your foyer in mind when picking it out) gives you a place to put keys and other small things when you come in.
- Hooks for hanging jackets and handbags when you come in.
- Setting out a bouquet of flowers or a scented candle. Nothing says "I'm glad you're here" like flowers.
If you've missed any of my 31 days posts you can find them here. Check out the other 31 Dayers here.