Friday, October 14, 2011

31 Days of Hospitality: Day 14-Pumpkin Cake


So much of hospitality revolves around food, doesn't it?  So I thought I should share this pumpkin cake recipe that I recently made.  It is delish and without frosting it can also be called pumpkin bread!
I found the recipe at allrecipes.com.  I am a huge fan of this website.  I have made quite a few things from recipes I have found there and have yet to be disappointed.
(just a note on this cake:I reduced the sugar from 2 1/2 cups (yikes, that's a lot of sugar!)of white sugar to about 3/4 cup of white & 3/4 cup of brown. Tastes great- and not too sweet.)

This cake/bread is perfect to serve during coffee with friends, take to a potluck or new neighbor or even decorate like the above photo (from allrecipes.com) to take to a Halloween party.  It's really tasty!


If you've missed any of my 31 Days posts you can find them here.  The other really cool 31 Days participants are found here.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

How yummy! I am going to try to make this.

Vanessa

osushi japanes restaurant said...

Thank you for the great information on hospitality ...That was my best days when I had spent my vacation on
Restaurant Broadbeach