Stayin' Alive...

... or the Idol update. The judges used the 'save' on Matt the other night. He and Lil were in the bottom 2, Matt having the lowest number of votes. But the judges came to the rescue and gave him another week.


That's the good news. The bad news is that next week is going to be Disco/70's night. This will be when the cream (Adam) really rises to the top. If they can nail this one it should be a good week. But it could also be a train wreck. Stay tuned.




I am helping my sister do a remodel in her rental condo she has here in town. You could say I am the general contractor. So far, so good. The kitchen has been demo'd - it's down to the walls. New cabinets, countertops, tile, fixtures & paint have been picked out and purchased. The kitchen tile is gone and the carpet should be gone by this weekend. I am going over tomorrow and test the paint colors. Before we buy oodles of gallons of specially mixed paint I want to test it out to make sure it's okay since the entire condo will be that color (Cotswold Breeches by Ralph Lauren). The painter will be in next week to do his thing. Tile should be delivered next week as well and installed the next. I will post some pictures next week of the 'before'. The after should be really nice. The condo was built in the 80's and not much updating has been done. It's long overdue.

While we are in no hurry to get this complete, I think I watch too much HGTV because in talking with everyone I have in the back of my head, 'you can't come out right this second to give me a bid?' 'How will I have this done in time for the open house in 3 days?' Oh, wait, this is not 'Designed to Sell' or 'Get it Sold'.

I will probably bring Little Miss over on Sat while I do the painting - she will likely watch Cable while I paint. For some reason she is beyond thrilled to watch TV over there. We have Directv here at home but she just thinks cable is the coolest thing - I am not sure she really gets that Playhouse Disney on cable is the same and Playhouse Disney on Directv. It's the little things, I guess...

Comments

SeaWorthy said…
You had me at the photo!!! I LOVE IT!!
The Mrs. said…
Kind of could not believe they used it for Matt! Looooooving Adam! We'll see how they do with disco!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas