Lots to say...

None of it important.

First off, I have a weather update: Yesterday ended up being 101. Today is supposed to be 103 & tomorrow, 105. Cool down is coming on Thursday - 99. Tonight Little Miss has hockey - can you imagine putting all that gear on in this heat? Luckily, the kids are more tolerant of it than the adults.


Well, who didn't see this coming? I just heard on Fox News Radio that Gavin Newsom, mayor of San Francisco, announced his candidacy for Governor of California. Yippee. No offense to anyone, but what a scoundrel. Glad I don't live in California. And just wait, if he is successful (which is not out of the realm of possibilities) he will likely try to make the next step to the White House. You heard it here first! At least all his dirty laundry is public knowledge. I hope so anyway.

I believe I have mentioned in the past how much I love my car. Anytime a tire needs air a little light comes on and lets me know. It's like magic. The light came on over the weekend so I took the car in on Monday to have the tire looked at. I knew it was something since the tires are only one month old. Sure enough, my husband ran over a screw. Well, I said it was him; he thinks it was me. hmmmm. It's all fixed now just in time for our out of town hockey tournament this weekend. It still needs an oil change before we leave.

It's Turn off your TV week again. I have a theory on this (of course). While I appreciate the need for most folks to cut back on watching TV, I am not sure how far one week will take us. If we Tivo everything this week only to watch it next, what are we gaining? Do people just forget about it until next April? I know that for me everyday is a struggle to watch less. Plus, if we all turned off our TV's forever, think of the effect that would have on the economy. So many people make their living in the television industry. Like anything else it's our responsibility to use TV in moderation.

Little Miss had a 'kick-off' assembly at school yesterday and the kids were asked to sign a pledge saying they would not watch TV all week. Most of the kids in her class signed it but a few didn't. Little Miss did sign it and I believe she is taking it seriously. Last night we played Chutes & Ladders and then sat in our bedroom (where there is no TV) and read and talked. This morning she went in her playroom when she got up and turned on the radio. I have to say that I am really proud of her. My husband is a different story. It is, after all, NHL playoff season.

My microwave is being fixed as we speak. The part had to be ordered which is why it took so long. I never realized how much I used the microwave until I couldn't use it for a week. But we have all survived. Even without microwave popcorn, which may have been the culprit. Long story about the workings of the microwave and the effects popcorn has on it. Who knew?

I have been reading Monica's blog for a while and am really interested in her "Restoring Order" series. I will be trying to restore some order around here during this series & hope to keep it going. Take a look - it's kind of a spring cleaning type of thing. Definitely something I can do around here...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas