5 Ways to make your entrance a welcoming one:
- Paint your front door! I'm sure you've heard this before. Paint your door a fun color (like this cheery blue, above) or a complimentary color to the rest of the house - if your house is red brick with white trim paint your door a shiny black.
- Keep it Clean. Keep the outside of your home as neat as possible. Sweep every couple of days. Make sure the welcome mat is free from debris. Keep plants & bushes watered. Put away the kids' toys when they're done playing with them.
- Plants & Flowers. Place a big pot of seasonal flowers by the front door. Mums are perfect for fall. And it doesn't hurt to add a few pumpkins!
- Show your personality. A welcome mat with your family name or initial. A seasonal wreath to decorate your door ( I love this DIY monogrammed fall wreath)
- A place for everything. Once you walk through the door make sure your foyer isn't a dumping ground for shoes, keys, mail and anything else that gets brought home (I know this is easier said than done). Utilize the coat closet for bags and shoes. Place a pretty basket on the table closest to the door for mail, keys and phones. Train your family to use these things!
I'm joining The Nester and a ton of other bloggers for the 31 DaysChallenge.