5 Ways to Transform your Backyard Space
- Decide what you want your space to do. Do you want your backyard to be a place for your kids to play or do you want it to be a space for the adults to relax? Once you decide on a purpose you're ready to move on.
- Make a budget. Backyard renovations can end up costing a lot if you don't budget your money wisely. Sometimes just an inexpensive picnic table can take care of all the problems you have in your yard. Sometimes you need an entire 'Yard Crashers' experience. (Anyone else miss Ahmed?)
- Think about seating. Do you just need a few chairs to place around a fire pit? Or some lounge chairs around the pool? There are so many options now for outdoor seating - and something for every budget.
- Add some color. Throw pillows. Billowy curtains. Colorful tablecloths. Outdoor rugs. All of these things are fun ways to add color to your outdoor space.
- Keep in natural. Even if your outdoor space is a cement patio, adding some flowers in pots will soften up the space and make it feel more welcoming.
More of my Making your House your Home series can be found here.