OK, no more...



home improvements for a long time. Whose idea was it to put the laminate flooring in the play room?? Everyone we know, plus all the ads, say how easy these things are to install. Well, how do I put this nicely? Hmm - They lie!! Or we are REALLY incompetent. Oh my gosh - 2 days later it is complete. We started Sat at about 10:30am and worked until about 5:30. We finished all but 1 1/2 rows. Had to go to Lowe's & Home Depot on Sunday and started the floor about noon'ish. We finished at about 4. We also put new baseboards on as the others (original to the 25 yr old house) were trashed. I had planned on painting them but just couldn't see putting anything in such bad condition back on. The new baseboards are very lovely. The whole room looks good but if we ever decide to install laminate flooring again we will hire someone to do it - unless our friends who think it's easy could do it for us...
Today we are taking it easy. And I am cleaning for our company tonight. We need to get my daughter out for some fun since she was such a good sport this weekend. She went to my mom's on Sunday for a while to play so that was nice. Not sure what we'll do this afternoon but we need to figure it out really soon.
On Wednesday, we took our dog to the vet as she appeared to be on her last leg. Sure enough, she has kidney disease plus arthitis. Well, after much thought we decided to put her on a special kidney disease diet. I was unsure if this was the right thing since she would need to go off the arthritis meds in order to do the diet. I know my husband questioned my judgment. And I was a little concerned with it being a holiday weekend and not being able to take her in if something were to happen to her. So far she is doing amazingly well. A true miracle. She hadn't eaten in days but she has eaten her new food quickly at each meal. She is up and around where she basically slept all day when she was on the meds. She is back to being the pain in the neck she has always been. :)
I am off to mop and go find something fun to do with little Miss...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
The floors look great :0)
Michelle said…
Oh...sypmathy from the land of REDO! Your floors do look great, though. Now...if our Master Bath can get finished!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas