If it touches your skin...

it shouldn't be made out of polyester.


Love that. It was the page on my calendar today for Sept. 22. (Life's Little Instruction Calendar Volume XIII).


My husband and I went to Vegas over the weekend. We went to see Donny & Marie for my birthday. He was a little less than thrilled but ended up having a great time (of course). We had great seats and at one point Donny and Marie came out into the audience, each taking a side of the showroom. Marie took our side (my luck!) and came over to our table. She looked at my husband and his bald head, smiled and started rubbing it - THEN gave him a big kiss on it. After the show he said 'I wonder if there is lipstick on my head?" And sure enough, there it was - Marie Osmond's lipstick on my husband's head.
Of course I took a picture and there it is - a little hard to see but if you look closely you can make it out.
The show was really good. They are quite the entertainers. They did a little of their old stuff (Paper Roses, Puppy Love, etc) but it was mostly other songs you know - originally done by others- but D&M did it with a twist. They had some dancers who were great and a great band.
The place was packed with women in their 40's & 50's - some dragged the husbands, some didn't. When Donny did his part the ladies were going crazy (myself included). He sang 'Puppy Love' and when he got to the part where he says 'someone help me, help me, help me please' he said that when he first released the song and he sang this part the girls would go crazy - and right on cue we all did. So he says - 'Yeah, I've still got it' - UMMM - YEAH....

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
Sounds like you had a great time. I never missed the Donny and Marie show growing up. They just don't make tv like that anymore (okay, how old lady did that sound?? but its so true) :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas