Sunday night....



Oh yes, I am STILL beating that dead horse. I open my daughter's folder she brings home from school and I see a flyer saying that Monday (tomorrow) will be the start of the Fall PTA fundraiser. Nice that it coincides with the Girl Scout one. Let's just call it 'How to lose all your friends and family in 10 days'. I am loving the idea that Laurie says their school is doing this year for a fundraiser: a walkathon. Love it!! I will probably bring it up to the PTA president and see what she thinks. Let's end this craziness already!





It has been a good weekend but I am kind of glad it's Sunday night. I feel like I was fairly productive this weekend which is a change for me. I usually get most of my 'work' done during the week and take it easy on the weekends. My husband was gone most of the day Saturday putting faucets in at my parents house so when my daughter's friend went home on Saturday after the sleepover I did some things around here which I think will give me a head start on the week. Which is good since our fall break starts on Friday so I have a 'short' week. Report cards go home on Thursday and then the kids are off Friday and all next week. The only thing we really have planned for the break is a trip to the movies to see 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua'. We have some other tentative things but it should be a stress free week (famous last words).

And from the 'Is it just me 'file: I took my daughter and her friend, L, to the park on Sat morning and L's parents picked her up there. While they were playing a white mini van pulls up and a little boy gets out and comes up to the park. The sliding van door is open and I assumed the mom was getting some littler ones out of the car to bring up to the park. 10 minutes go by and no mom, no babies. So I look closer at the van and see a dad sitting in the driver seat - just sitting- not looking like he was going anywhere. More time goes by, no dad, he is still in the van. So the little boy is up there playing with us the whole time while the lazy bum of a dad sits in the car. He was a sweet little boy and seemed really excited to be at the park and enjoyed playing with the girls. I am glad we were there. So I tell my sister this story and she is disgusted too but then says 'maybe the dad has some skin issue and can't be in the sun'. Okay, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - maybe he isn't a bum. For the little boy's sake I hope he's not...

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
hey Debra,
Send me your email, I won't post it and I will send you all the walk-a-thon stuff from our school. I find that things are a lot easier to "go through" if all the legwork is already done. Our walk is this Friday and we are very close to reaching our 10K goal. In the past we would need to sell 24K in junk to make that same 10K. So far the responce has been very positive.
BTW, where in AZ are you. My best friend Jenny lives in Awatookee (or however you spell it) and her boys are getting ready for Fall break as well.
:0)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas