31 Days of Home Organization - Kitchen Counters


This week we will be spending time organizing the kitchen.  For many of us, the kitchen is the most often used room in the house.  I find that when the kitchen is not organized I don't feel organized.  In order to get that organized feeling the first thing I do is clear the counters. 

Take a look at everything you have on your counters and decide what needs to be out there and what doesn't.  Consider how much you use any small appliances that are on the counters.  My rule is if it's used less than once a week it gets storage space in a cabinet.  If you still feel the need to clear the counter a bit more consider storing anything that is easy to take in and out of a cabinet (a toaster, for example).

Once you have cleared your counters I bet you'll feel more organized.  If there was anything you took off the counters that you don't use or need, start a donation pile.

Tomorrow we're working on paring down our kitchen gadgets.

I'm joining The Nester for her 31 Days Series.  If you have missed any of my posts you can find them here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas